Saturday 15 February 2014

My hardest post

Hello Interweb people

This is by far the most difficult post so far. I am currently waiting for the evening end of conference dinner tonight, where they will crown the new African Barista Champ.

Sadly, it won't be me. I performed my set today, but went over time. So much so that I would have been disqualified. For whatever reason, I ran very behind my schedule, I didn't feel it when I started and it carried all the way through. The feeling of disappointment is compounded by the thought of how much money was put behind me getting me here.

On another note, the competition went really well. It is definitely unlike any I have competed in up to date. I had to find my own farm fresh milk and heat it up myself to kill off any bacteria.

I have also been impressed with the standard of things up here. Uganda is IMHO the most advanced and it shows. Godfrey and Mark from Uganda were great competitors. The Burundi and Rwanda competitors really did well too. I think it was their Countries first time at this but they entered with well rehearsed routines, especially knowing that they are doing it in a language that they are not really comfortable with.

A big thanks to the Judges and sponsors for it.

All i want now, is my family and my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment